Jabra Sport Pulse Wireless
| Heart Rate Monitor | Bluetooth | 6 mm Driver | IP55 |
🎧 We are reviewing the Jabra Sport Pulse Wireless, a highly spec’d sports earphone with much more than you can imagine.
This in-ear headphone has been clearly designed and built for people that practice sports as the Jabra Sport Pulse Wireless features a built-in heart rate monitor, a proprietary free app to take full advantage of their heart rate sensor, a Bluetooth wireless connection, NFC technology and is IP55 Certified (drop, strength, dirt, temperature & humidity tested)
The housings are built in silicone and plastics and several earwings are included. The right earpiece hides the USB charging connector under the silicone earwings while the left earpiece holds the heart rate sensor and also a dedicated button that can be pressed to receive live information about the training session like : consumed calories, distance, speed, pace, heart rate, heart rate zone, etc. To read a more detailed list head down to the “Advanced Features” section.
The cable that connects one earpiece to the other one is rounded and very rubberized and can be tightened up with the cable management accessories provided with the units. Through out the cable you will find an inline mic/remote with 3 buttons to control your music and the volume level.
Jabra has many earphones in their catalog and this are not their only sports-orientated one, you can also find the:
- Jabra Sport Coach – a similar looking Bluetooth earphone but with a built-in motion sensor
- Jabra Sport Pace – a Bluetooth earphone with fixed earhooks with a design very similar to all the Beats Powerbeats earphones
- Jabra Sport Pulse Special Edition – a 2nd version of the model that we are reviewing here
- Jabra Elite Sport – a true wireless model with both a heart rate sensor and a motion sensor
The Jabra Sport Pulse Wireless hold a 6mm dynamic driver inside their housings much like what we have seen in the Jaybird Freedom, Remax RM-565i, KZ HDS3, MEMT X5, UiiSii Hi-705 and slightly larger than the Sony MH1 Livesound.
Jabra initially launched the Jabra Sport Pulse Wireless and later revisioned the model launching them under the name “Jabra Sport Pulse Wireless Special Edition”. The first version (model that we are reviewing) was reported, by some clients, to suffer from battery issues, therefore, Jabra relaunched the Jabra Sport Pulse Wireless version 2 under the “Special Edition” name with their battery problems resolved. To be honest, one of our editors is a die-hard sportsman that has been using exclusively for his training sessions this Jabra Sport Pulse Wireless unit that we are reviewing for over 6 months with no issues so far. Nonetheless, to feel safer we think that it is a smart idea to opt for the Special Edition if you can afford the price difference.
As we just mentioned, you can buy the Jabra Sport Pulse Wireless in 2 versions:
FIND ALL: Earphones Scores Compared
SEE ALSO: Jaybird Freedom Review
The Jabra Sport Pulse Wireless features include advanced options such as:
- Built-in heart rate monitor, measuring your heart rate from your inner ear
- Automatic VO2 Max tracking, maximum rate of oxygen that your body consumes during exercise, helps determine your endurance level.
- Live feedback from heart rate data, integrated directly with heart rate information
- Live coaching letting you know when you need to train harder or slow down.
- VO2 Max, measures the cardiovascular system and helps to evaluate your fitness level.
- Race predictor, according to the training set, fitness level, etc. it calculates and predicts the time that it would take to complete your distance set
- Recovery advisor: You’re working hard to reach your goals – but good training requires understanding how long your body needs to recover between exercises and workout sessions. That’s why we built an app that analyses your training results and live feedback and lets you know when – and for how long – you need to rest.
- real-time voice coaching that helps you reach your goals
- NFC for easy and fast pairing.
- Battery status alerts
- Android and iOS compatible App
- Dedicated live-feedback button
- Multiple connection – connected to two devices at the same time (multiuse™)
Heart Rate Monitor Performance:
We tested the accuracy of the Jabra Sport Pulse’s heart rate monitor and their measurement against 3 other heart rate measuring devices. The bpm informed at every given time had a maximum difference of +/- 2 bpm with the measurement taken with another earphone with a built-in heart rate monitor, a chest strap and the heart rate sensor of a modern smartphone.
Operation & Control
The remote of the Jabra Sport Pulse Wireless allows you to:
- Press and hold: Power On and set to pairing mode, an off voice will inform you how to pair it
- A single press: Play, Pause music or Answer calls
- A 1 second press and hold: Power On
- Press and hold while turned ON: Power off
Volume UP Button:
- A single press: Volume up by 1 level
- A 1 second press and hold: Skip to next song
Volume Down Button:
- A single press: Volume down by 1 level
- A 1 second press and hold: Previous song
- 2x Press of Middle Button: Redial, if there is a 2nd incoming call it can be used to answer the 2nd call and put on hold the first call. Later can be used to switch from one call to the other
- 1 second press and hold of Volume down button: Mute/un-mute call
- A 1 second press and hold of Middle Button: During incoming call, reject call
Dedicated Live Feedback button:
The Jabra Sport Pulse Wireless has a special button placed on the left earpiece, this button allows you to get on-demand live feedback of your training with information about your current heart rate, the heart rate zone, consumed calories, training time, distance, speed, pace.
The Jabra Sport Pulse Wireless will fully charge in 2 hours and the LED in them will let you know the charging status and when it is fully charged.
Jabra Sport Pulse Wireless - Review
Tests & ScoresW
Jabra Sport Pulse Wireless weight in Ounces and Jabra Sport Pulse Wireless weight in grams.
SEE ALSO: Earphones Size Comparison
Accessories & Packaging
The Jabra Sport Pulse Wireless unboxing results in 4 sets of eartips, 4 sets of EarWings, 4 FitClips, 1 hard carrying case and 1 USB cable. Everything comes inside a very nice packaging with a magnetic closure that resembles very much to the one of the Jaybird Freedom.
Instead, the Jabra Sport Pulse Special Edition headphones come with 3 sets of eargels, 3 set of Comply foam tips, 4 sets of EarWings, 4 FitClips, 1 Pouch, 1 USB cable.
Bass & Sub Bass
The Jabra Sport Pulse Wireless bass is energetic with good punch and depth but does not take over the whole sound signature, we would even say that their bass is very well controlled. You can expect a fun bass presence but not an ultra bassy style by any mean.
Using an EQ a noticeable increment of sub-bass depth is added and a huge amount of mid-bass punch.
Much like with every other Bluetooth earphone that we have reviewed, our standardized extreme basshead test cannot be applied to the Jabra Sport Pulse Wireless because Bluetooth earphones cannot be effectively amplified with our Fiio E12 Mont Blanc amplifier.
MORE: Best Basshead Earphones
SEE ALSO: Best Fun Sounding Earphones Chart
Mids & Vocals
Mids of the Jabra Sport Pulse Wireless are warm and smooth with lower vocals that do not lack energy nor sound distant. Higher mids are never harsh and sound crisp enough for normal listening sessions.
With an EQ lower vocals and lower mids in general sound clearer (a lot more), higher mids become crispier with some sporadic harsh peaks.
Highs & Treble
Jabra Sport Pulse Wireless’s highs are not very bright and are able to resolve some marginal detail. Despite not being very bright they are neither too dark. Piercing and sibilant highs are never present, treble sensitive people will love their non-fatiguing highs.
Applying an EQ, highs brighten up drastically and become much more detailed. Piercing and sibilant highs will show up.
The sound that leaks out of the Jabra is clearly less perceivable than on most average earphones, you can use them safely at the gym without fearing of disturbing nearby people.
SEE ALSO: Best Earphones for Bed
Noise isolation is substantial with very subdued perceivable surroundings but not absolute, which allows a degree of sports-security at the same time, Jabra declares a 15 dB reduction. We found that by making small ear movement with your head’s muscles (not everybody is capable of doing it) the Jabra Sport Pulse Wireless will get slightly less tight and will allow a clear perception of the surrounding noises on-demand.
The Jabra Sport Pulse Wireless, in general, are very comfortable but you will have to consider the large earpiece’s size and will have to find the right spot for a good comfortable fit. The fit is highly secure and will never risk to pop out the ears.
RELATED: Best Earphones for Daily Commute
Response to Equalization
The response to EQ was noticeable with a highly empowered bass, crispier higher mids and clearer lower vocals and importantly brighter highs.
BUY IT AT:
Get the latest reviews on your favorite social network
FIND ALL OUR: Earphones Reviews / In-Ear Headphones Reviews
MORE: Best Earphones Charts
Buy it from:
Jabra Sport Pulse Wireless Frequency Response
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU: Headphones Frequency Response Curves
SEE ALSO: KZ Headphones Frequency Response Curves
Jabra Sport Pulse Wireless
|Type||Dynamic + Bluetooth + Heart Rate Monitor + IP55|
|Driver Unit||6mm Dynamic Driver|
|Bluetooth||4.0 /Headset profile v1.2 , hands free profile v1.6, A2DP v1.2, AVRCP v1.4|
|Battery Life||5 hours|
|Supplied Accessories||4x silicon ear tips; 4x wings; cable management clips; cable tightener; USB 2.0 charging cable; hard carrying case|
MORE: Amazon Coupons & Deals
Enjoyed this Article?
We hope you enjoyed this article. All the earphones reviews, earbuds reviews, headsets reviews, in-ear monitors reviews (iem), in-ear headphones reviews are made as objective and thorough as possible to provide our readers a way to choose the best earphones, earbuds, iem, in-ear monitors, headsets and in-ear headphones. By providing exhaustive information we allow our readers to even fine-tune their choices to select among the best budget earphones, best earphones for sports, best basshead earphones, best fun sounding earphones, most balanced earphones, least fatiguing earphones, most comfortable earphones, best looking earphones or even for the best cheap earphones to buy. Our resources offer: In-Depth Earphones Reviews, Earphones Scores Compared, an Earphones Size Comparison Tool, a sound frequency cheat-sheet, an Earphones Amplification Comparison Table, a brief audio glossary with the most frequent audio terms and audio definitions, and our Earphones Top Charts (covering the Top 10 Basshead Earphones, Best Bang for Buck Earphones, Top Sports Earphones, Top Balanced Earphones, Top Fun Sound Earphones, top smooth sounding earphones)